Scope and application
This policy applies to all personal information collected by Greenway from the website www.greenway.ca (the « Website ») and also through communications you may have directly with Greenway by e-mail, phone or otherwise, regarding marketing services or programs offered by Greenway. This policy is subject to the relevant Ontario legislation, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, as well as other applicable legislation and regulations.
Your personal information: what We collect and why We collect it
We collect certain types of personal information from users communicating with us, in particular when such person request information through the Website regarding Greenway’s services or subscribe to a mailing list to receive communications. In most cases, the personal information requested is the following: name, e-mail address and phone number.
This information is collected and used notably for the following reasons:
- to allow Greenway to answer your request for information and to ensure a follow-up with you regarding your request;
- to send out communications regarding Greenway’s marketing services and programs;
- to improve the content of our Website;
- for marketing study and survey purposes;
- to develop, improve or market marketing services and programs in tune with our users’ needs and provide them with information that We feel may be of interest to them.
The personal information We collect is used solely for the purpose for which it was collected.
Greenway may send you information regarding its marketing services or programs by e-mail. You can choose to receive communications from Us by filing the form on our Website and/or by providing Us with your express consent. Greenway may also send you communications in other situations, in compliance of applicable legislation.
Following your information request, an agent may call you to answer your questions and provide you with the proper information you asked for. At this occasion, you can withdraw your consent to receive any communications from Greenway. You can also cancel your subscription to such communications through the unsubscribing mechanism included in each communication. At all times, Greenway will comply with its legal obligations regarding management of your personal information and the cancellation of your subscription. Please read the conditions detailed in the “Information” section below.
We collect and store information using cookies. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer to identify your device, help you navigate our site or prepare customized Web pages and save site login information for you. This means that the next time you log in we can remember who you are and adapt to your preferences.
We may use both “session ID cookies” and “persistent cookies” A session cookie lets our website recognize you as you move from page to page so that you are not treated as a new visitor every time you click on a new internal link.
A persistent cookie allows our website to understand your preferences, settings and information so you can gain rapid access to your preferred subjects at your next visit.
You can disable cookies through your browser. If you do so, however, some features of the website that rely on cookies will no longer be available to you.
Electronic information on our Website
We may sometimes collect information that is not of a personal nature, such as the date and time of your request, the type of Internet browser or operation system you use or the domain name from which you were linked to our Website. If you use a mobile device to access our websites and online resources, we also may collect information about your device, such as your device ID and device type, as well as usage information about your device.
We may also collect information which allows us to examine aggregate interest patterns such as the marketing services and programs regarding which you request information or information about users’ browsing patterns.
This information will not be linked to the personal information provided when you sign-up to receive communications from Greenway.
How your personal information is stored and communicated
Greenway keeps personal information for the period of time it deems reasonable either to fulfill the identified purposes or in accordance with the law, whichever time frame is longer. We establish retention criteria based on the type of information collected.
Once the identified purposes have been reached and your personal information is no longer required or if you request that such information be deleted, We ensure it remains anonymous or destroy it in a way which ensures protection against unauthorized access or communication.
We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside of Greenway without your consent, except for the following:
- Greenway’s goods or services providers, whether they be organizations or individuals, whose services have been retained to carry out duties on our behalf (e.g. organization and management of promotions offered by Greenway, data processing, file management, etc.). Greenway takes the necessary measures, by contractual means or otherwise, to ensure that these third-party goods or services providers process your personal information for the sole purpose identified by Greenway and that they protect this personal information to the same extent that Greenway protects the personal information in its possession;
- any entity resulting from a merger or change in control of Greenway, in whole or in part, only if the parties have signed an agreement stipulating that the collection, use and disclosure of information is limited to the objectives of the commercial transaction;
- any public authority if the law so requires.
We do not transfer your personal information to a promotional partner unless you have specifically given us consent to do so.
Personal Information regarding minors
The information contained on our Website is destined to persons who have reached the college age. Greenway does only collect and use personal information for the purposes enunciated here above.
External hyperlinks posted on our Website